SeraphPDH: Paladin Man!: "Go on and increase in valor for this is the path to immortality."

Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Go on and increase in valor for this is the path to immortality."

Nothing like a little quote from The Inferno to brighten your day. What does this have to do with anything? I'll get there in a minute...

So, things have been kinda slow lately, not a whole lot going on. I went on my second sky gods run with LuckySevens (L7) on Friday, but it turned into more of a farming run than a god run, since we were missing some people who needed items. We ended up fighting what is now my third Genbu with them. Genbu is by far my favorite sky NM. I know most people make fun of him, or hate him, but he is just a "Tig ol' Burtle" and I laugh wnenever I fight him (her?). Anyway, the loot drops and wouldn't you know the W. Feet Abj. drops and it happens to be in freelot status since noone reserved it...

Now, the cool thing about freelotting in L7 is that the items are actually free. I got an item I have wanted for some time now, absolutely free in terms of sky points. I was very happy. Now, I know these aren't the best feet ever, but they present a nice alternative when staff tanking, or kiting. Besides that, they look kinda cool and will hopefully someday compliment my pair of Crimson Legs. >.>

Now, just when I thought a weekend couldn't get any better (I mean come on, free item!), ExplorerII was doing a Dynamis-Xarcabard run on Saturday. I have been after the Paladin Relic Body Armor for a long time now, and for two reasons I have been unable to attain one. First, for a long time in Explorer due to my schedule and the timing of runs, I didn't have Xarcabard access. Secondly, there are something like 6 people who wanted the body ahead of me. When I started active lots there were 3 people ahead of me. So, I was 4th in line for an item that never seems to drop. Three coats have dropped since then, and I was currently the point leader for the Valor Surcoat (but I assumed since my luck sucks it would never drop now). Now, there are certain NMs in this zone (one per job pre ToAU jobs) that have a pretty decent chance to drop their respective relic. The Paladin NM never seems to drop because it Invincibles, and it gets "Magic Killed." That destroys the droprate on items. Some people don't agree with me on this, but I tend to find that it is the trend. Anyway, the only Valor Surcoats I have ever seen have dropped off this NM. Today's run went like usual, no AF dropped off the NMs (except the DRK relic helm which Aurelius was not online to lot...so it got trashed...again...). I figured the run was going to be the usual BST, DRK, and DRG relic dropping marathon it usually is. I ended up dying from a weird pull consisting of alot of casting BLM mobs, and before I can reraise what do I see? A gosh darn fricken Valor Surcoat. Immediately everyone knew the drop was going to me, and people started to panic since I and a few other people were down, and unable to lot/pass. Thank heavens for Reraise Gorgets, I was back up, and lotting...

I couldn't believe it! (Except for the crappy lot in true Seraph style, that I can believe...) After a few minutes of alliance recovery, everyone passed and the coat was mine. I can finally sent the Adaman Body to my Mog House where it belongs.

Afterwards I went running around in my new gear, I think it looks pretty spiffy. It feels good to be one piece closer to 5/5 relic armor. All I need now are the Valor Breeches and Valor Leggings. The pants are going to be tougher since I am second in line, but the feet should be no problem, assuming they finally drop. (^.^)v

1 Comments:

Blogger Ultrabum said...

update you friggin bum

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home