SeraphPDH: Paladin Man!: Walking the path...

Monday, May 08, 2006

Walking the path...

So, after a few weeks of exploring the new content in Al Zahbi, and finishing up my final exams, I decided to take Blue Mage out for a test drive before my Paladin leveling marathon. People said that BLU can be frustrating at times, trying to learn all those spells. They were right.

I took BLU to 13, and got all my spells through level 18. However, may I say there were a few trying times during that period. The highlights however, were Pollen, Metallic Body, and Healing Breeze. One apparently must be a master to learn the secret arts of the bee, crab, and dhalmel... and by master, I mean sit there for hours drunk screaming at my computer screen for the crab to use Metallic Body. I am told it was a very funny sight indeed.

After getting to 13 BLU, I can make the following observations: BLU is really overpowered at these lower levels. I don't know about, say, 60+, but i think they could dominate the dunes with ease. However, I really didn't feel like going BACK to the dunes, as I would probably rather solo or duo right to level 20. Maybe Tuufless will want to start a baby static or something.

With that out of the way, I have decided to make the final push of 25K exp to Paladin 73. As you can see, I have alot of equipment waiting for me...


With 2 days until my next little Dynamis adventure, hopefully I can finally pull off Paladin 73 and break into the endgame armor...

To be honest though, tanking endgame has really changed over the last few levels. With DDs putting out insane numbers, it has become more of a hate game than a damage reduction game. With that in mind, I have had a nice chance to keep leveling my Shield skill, and with the recent shield adjustments it seems to be just as good of damage reduction as my Terra's Staff (almost feel like I wasted 2M now...)

Honestly, on a whole I find myself getting bored in parties now (and bored while LFP forever, these burn parties are killing me...) When I go 3 hours without losing hate once, and the SATA that is getting placed on me is moved to another DD, and even they cant keep hate........boring. I mean, to be honest, I was reading a book in my last party, since it was such easy tanking. I guess I would rather have easy leveling than hard leveling though. Here is hoping for 73 sometime soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home